Friday, 15 July 2011

But I Do – Clarence 'Frogman' Henry

The first single by Clarence 'Frogman' Henry to enter the UK top 40 was his most successful, reaching number 3 in 1961.

ButI do on YouTube. (Opens a new window. Listen to the music of Clarence 'Frogman' Henry as you read on.)

But I do, often referred to as (I don't know why) but I do, by Clarence 'Frogman' Henry spent seven weeks inside the UK top 10. Fifty years ago this week it was sitting at number 6 but it had been as high as number 3. It had been a slow rise to this position, entering at number 39 and spending five weeks outside the top 10. It would be an even slower decline, taking seven weeks to exit the chart after leaving the top 10.

But I do was released on the Pye International record label and was later included on the soundtrack to the film Forrest Gump. It was the first of two top ten hits for Clarence 'Frogman' Henry.


UK singles chart for the week ending 15 July 1961

  1. RunawayDel Shannon
  2. But I doClarence 'Frogman' Henry
  3. Surrender (torna a surriento)Elvis Presley
  4. The frightened cityShadows

No comments:

Post a Comment